Battlefields Uncovered: An Introduction to Archaeological and Historical Investigations of Conflict.
26 June 2018 — 05 July 2018
At University College Roosevelt (UCR), Liberal Arts and Sciences College of Utrecht University, Middelburg, The Netherlands
Application Deadline 25 April 2019
The Battlefields Uncovered Summer School is returning for 2019.
Following the success of last year’s course, Waterloo Uncovered is proud to be working with Utrecht University to offer more of you an opportunity to study the archaeology, history and place in society of battlefields.
The course will take place this summer from the 26th of June to the 5th of July in the lovely city of Middelburg in the south of the Netherlands.
It is developed and accredited in partnership with a leading archaeology department at Utrecht University. This is a great opportunity, for students and veterans alike, to learn more about Waterloo Uncovered and conflict archaeology.
Is entry level, and suitable for anyone with an interest in archaeology or military history.
Is open to registered university students and to serving and former military personnel.
Requires no previous archaeological experience.
IT WILL FEATURE:
- Battlefield tours and interactive seminars with subject matter specialists and leading lecturers (including our very own Prof. Tony Pollard and Dr. Stuart Eve of L‐P archaeology).
- Handling of real battlefield finds.
- Unique access to the latest results from key archaeological excavations
- Exploring the interaction between archaeological evidence and historical texts.
- Discussion around the way the past is remembered and presented
- Meeting people from a range of disciplines and backgrounds
FOR MORE INFO AND TO APPLY (before April 25th):
Go to Utrecht’s Summer Schools website:
Or message Vicki Haverkate: firstname.lastname@example.org