Battlefields Uncovered: An Introduction to Archaeological and Historical Investigations of Conflict.
26 June 2018 — 06 July 2018
At University College Roosevelt (UCR), Liberal Arts and Sciences College of Utrecht University, Middelburg, The Netherlands
Application Deadline 30 APRIL 2018
Waterloo Uncovered are proud to present a new summer school opportunity for 2018. Developed and accredited in partnership with Utrecht University, this is a great opportunity, for students and veterans alike, to learn more about Waterloo Uncovered and conflict archaeology.
- Is entry level, and suitable for anyone with an interest in archaeology or military history.
- Is open to registered university students and to serving and former military personnel.
- Requires no previous archaeological experience.
Join us and:
- Take part in battlefield tours and interactive seminars with subject matter specialists.
- Be taught by leading lecturers, including Prof. Tony Pollard (Director of the Centre for Battlefield Archaeology at the University of Glasgow)
- Experience and handle real battlefield finds.
- Gain unique access to the latest results from key archaeological excavations
- Explore the interaction between archaeological evidence and historical texts.
- Discuss the way the past is remembered and presented
- Meet people from a range of disciplines and backgrounds
Credits and fees:
- Up to 4.0 ECTS Credits.
- Course fee = € 795.00 (less food and accommodation).
- Accommodation options include student housing (circa € 350).
For more information:
Visit the Battlefields Uncovered course page: https://www.utrechtsummerschool.nl/courses/culture/battlefields-uncovered-introduction-to-archaeological-and-historical-investigations-of-conflict, on the Utrecht Summer School website, or contact Course Coordinator Vicki Haverkate: email@example.com.